Via Scoop.it – Occupy Transmedia Daily
WCNTV Commentary: As The Occupy Wall Street Movement goes Global it may be time to lay these principles for leadership. The United Nations Passed Resolution 64/169 proclaiming 2011 THE INTERNATIONAL YEAR FOR PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT. Mysteriously not even our Black Media has covered this. I know because I have been covering like a voice crying in the wilderness to tell the HIP-HOP Community and all those that participate in the Business of Music have an opportunity to Lead and move the Community from Civil Rights to Platinum Rights. There are unsung leaders among us who have answers to our problems and it will not come from the Government they are broke.
Additionally, you cannot expect to have the wolf guard the Chicken Coup and expect them to do any more than protect their personal wealth. Tonight on 60 Minutes it became abundantly clear that Congress can Trade on Non-Public Information. Yes the very policies they are voting on to so call protect the People, they have been filling their own pockets using Insider Trading which appears to be perfectly legal for Lawmakers. Hmmm who is protecting the 99%? Nancy Pelosi looked like she swallowed a Gold Fish when 60 Minutes asked her about the stock deal with VISA. Don’t believe me. Listen to the Steve Kroft Interview. What is the STOCK BILL.
We NEED THE HIP-HOP SUMMIT More than ever before. Jay O’Conner Chairman & CEO WCNTV.
The official web site of the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network.
What We Want
1. We want freedom and the social, political and economic development and empowerment of our families and communities; and for all women, men and children throughout the world.
2. We want equal justice for all without discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, creed or class
3. We want the total elimination of poverty
4. We want the highest quality public education equally for all.
5. We want the total elimination of racism and racial profiling, violence, hatred and bigotry.
6. We want universal access and delivery of the highest quality health care for all.
7. We want the total elimination of police brutality and the unjust incarceration of people of color and all others.
8. We want the end and repeal of all repressive legislations, laws, regulations and ordinances such as “three strikes” laws; federal and state mandatory minimum sentencing; trying and sentencing juveniles as adults; sentencing disparities between crack and powdered cocaine use; capitol punishment; the Media Marketing Accountability Act; and hip-hop censorship fines by the FCC.
9. We want reparations to help repair the lingering vestiges; damages and suffering of African Americans as a result of the brutal enslavement of generations of Africans in America.
10. We want the progressive transformation of American society into a Nu America as a result of organizing and mobilizing the energy, activism and resources of the hip-hop community at the grassroots level throughout the United States.
11. We want greater unity, mutual dialogue, program development and a prioritizing of national issues for collective action within the hip-hop community through summits, conferences, workshops, issue task force and joint projects.
12. We want advocacy of public policies that are in the interests of hip-hop before Congress, state legislatures, municipal governments, the media and the entertainment industry.
13. We want the recertification and restoration of voting rights for the 10 million persons who have loss their right to vote as a result of a felony conviction. Although these persons have served time in prison, their voting rights have not been restored in 40 states in the U.S.
14. We want to tremendously increase public awareness and education on the pandemic of HIV/AIDS.
15. We want a clean environment and an end to communities in which poor and minorities reside being deliberately targeted for toxic waste dumps, facilities and other environmental hazards.
- WCN Transmedia Group Entreprenur’s Showcase Get Your Money Right with Lynn Richardson (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group Actress Showcase – Kerry Washington (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- The Nations Cell Book Joins The WCN Transmedia Group to Create Transmedia Revenue Share Communities. (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group Editorial: A View from a Room Outside of Washington DC: The Global Debt Crisis Fact or Fiction? by Jay O’Conner Chairman & CEO WCNTV (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN TRANSMEDIA GROUP: Turning Content Into CASH$$ (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- The Obama for America Fall Fellows Application Access (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)