WCN Transmedia Group supports The I’m BOOKed!™ Initiative is a grass roots reading campaign created by DreamMart International, LLC. Anyone Remember The Reading is Fundamental advertisements from times gone by. Reading and Writing is not only Fundamental it is a life skill that is required beyond sports, entertainment, video games, television everything. WCN Transmedia is therefore supporting The I’m BOOKed!™ Initiative and am asking all my readers to join us. Join the Community and Take the Challenge.
Over and Above there is a special need and personal appeal that I am making to everyone reading this post. We need gifts for achievers. Please join today and follow the Social Transmedia Revolution. Please contact the organization and Donate your Time your Talent and your Money to this worthy cause.
It Pays to Read!
The I’m BOOKed!™ Initiative is a grass roots reading campaign created by DreamMart International, LLC to get kids hooked on books. In 2003 a study in 37 countries by the Programme for International Student Assessment found that the most important factor for academic success was the amount of time pupils spent reading books, magazines, newspapers and websites. But, reading books makes the biggest difference, according to this and other studies. So, we are bringing together strategic business, education, faith & philanthropic partners to pilot this initiative in Atlanta’s Pittsburgh Community.
Our initial goal is to identify 50 youth, ages 10-17, from Gideons Elementary, Parks Middle & Carver High – all Pittsburgh schools. We are issuing the I’m BOOKed!™ 30-Day Challenge to read a book and receive $100! We want to harness the power of inspiration to create a nation of book addicts…starting in Atlanta, Georgia! But, it doesn’t stop there. In addition to a love of reading, the I’m BOOKed!™ Initiative is designed to teach productivity and asset management, all vital skills for success in learning and life.
- Get students hooked on books by capturing the power of inspiration!
- Foster a sense of belonging by rallying parents and other adults to engage students as they participate in the I’m BOOKED!™ 30-Day Challenge
- Promote financial literacy, asset management and college savings
- Expose students to concepts and experiences that unleash the students’ ability to dream
DreamMart International, LLC is helping people to connect to their dreams and each other to make a difference. The ability to dream is a fundamental human endowment that fuels achievement. We not only learn from books, but books can inspire us to dream. Will you join us to make the dreams of Pittsburgh youth a reality?
- …25 authors to donate 2 books and partner with 2 students during the I’m BOOKed!™ 30-Day Challenge
- …50 readers to accept the I’m BOOKed!™ 30-Day Challenge
- …corporate partners to sponsor the I’m BOOKed!™ Initiative
- …community organizations to provide companion services
- …individuals to donate at least $100.00 to reward one student
- …volunteers to lead I’m BOOKed!™ Reading Circles during the I’m BOOKed!™ 30-Day Challenge
Let’s teach the students in Pittsburgh Community Schools that It Pays to Read!
Rodney Walker Rose From Kindergarten Special Ed to Top 1% of His Morehouse Class
Dream Mart International, LLC has partnered with Morehouse Senior, Rodney Walker, to teach kids that It Pays to Read. Dream Mart’s I’m BOOKed!™ Reading Initiative is a grass-roots effort started by Dream Mart International, LLC to get students hooked on books in spite of the academic challenges they may face.
Rodney Walker, a Chicago native, is the founder and CEO of Forever Life Music and Video Production; a company that creates custom videos and songs for special events. With the support and guidance from the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), Rodney has competed for and won various business plan competitions. In 2008, Rodney placed second in the NFTE National Competition in New York City. Currently, his company serves as a work-study program for Morehouse College. Along with his production company, Rodney also travels around the country to speak at public high schools and conferences about the importance of education and entrepreneurship for minority youth.
Given the obstacles placed before him as a foster child, Rodney struggled academically and socially in school. From kindergarten on, he was placed in special education, repeated the 4th grade due to poor academic performance, and finished his freshman year of high school with a 1.3 GPA. However, after joining the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, a youth business program of high school students, Rodney became motivated to start a business using the skills learned in the course. With the help of NFTE’s mentors and teachers, he became further motivated to apply himself academically. He graduated from high school with a 2.4 GPA, and was accepted to Morehouse College on academic probation. Since being accepted, he remained determined and focused. He joined tutoring programs, study groups, and campus organizations to help with his studies and course work.
Today, Rodney is a college senior. He is a JP Morgan Scholar, UNCF Scholar, and an honor student, set to graduate in the top 1% of his class. And this Saturday, October 8th, Walker will speak to 50 students from Atlanta’s Pittsburgh Community who accepted the I’m BOOKed!™ 30-Day Challenge during the I’m BOOKed!™ Launch Party on Saturday, October 8, 2011 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center at 965 Dewey Street SW, Atlanta, Georgia 30310.
- WCN TRANSMEDIA GROUP: Turning Content Into CASH$$ (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group Book Promo: “Weapons of Mass Production” by Carlton Reed (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- You have seen CNN Use it in the Republican Debate, Now you can harness the power of Mobile Marketing with WCN Transmedia Group and Upcodeworld.mobi (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group Creates the First Transmedia Advertisers and Woman’s Council (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group Feature Film Shout Out: Coming Soon “Sunday Morning Rapture” End Touch Movies Inc. (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- The Nations Cell Book Joins The WCN Transmedia Group to Create Transmedia Revenue Share Communities. (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group Showcase: “James E. Woody” Transpersonal Artist Be Sensitive Studios (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- Introducing Inteveo DIVE™ (Dynamic Interactive Video Advertising) Turning Content into Cash the First T-Commerce Platform for Streaming Video Monetization (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- WCN Transmedia Group: Proud Advocate of Nelson Mandela Day (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)