WCN Transmedia Group Music Showcase “STAY”. Tyrese is back with his first Independent Project and my brother has Laid it OUT. Tyrese is a unique Soulful Singer and STAY take you back to the day when Music was Music. Had meaning…..Open Invitation is a Heart Project and means a lot to the singer who was dissed by his record label.
People we got to support this Album and Independent Artists who go beyond traditional commercialism and put their own money where their mouth is. WCN is excited about this album and the chemistry between Taraji P. Henson and Tyrese is electric. Looking forward to Baby Boy 11 and getting my groove on with this new release OPEN INVITATION. Lets take this album Triple Platinum. VISIT AND SUPPORT VOLTRON RECORDZ – http://www.TyreseOnline.com
Tyrese Darnell Gibson (born December 30, 1978), also known simply as Tyrese, is an American R&B singer, rapper, actor, author, former fashion model and MTV VJ. After releasing several albums, he transitioned into films, with lead roles in several Hollywood releases.
Gibson was born in Los Angeles, California, growing up in the Watts neighborhood. His mother, Priscilla Murray Gibson (née Durham), raised him and his three older siblings as a single parent after Gibson’s father, Tyrone Gibson, left. Gibson’s career began when he was discovered on a bus. An appearance in a 1994 Coca-Cola advertisement, singing the phrase “Always Coca-Cola“, led to bigger fame.
In 1996, Gibson appeared on an episode of Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper.He also guest starred on the sitcom Moesha. Then he guest-starred on an episode of The Parent ‘Hood sitcom in 1998. He was given the role originally intended for Tupac Shakur in the 2001 film Baby Boy, and he subsequently appeared in the 2003 film 2 Fast 2 Furious (opposite Paul Walker with whom he formed a close friendship), as well as Flight of the Phoenix (2004), Four Brothers (2005), Waist Deep (2006) and Annapolis (2006).
He appeared in the 2007 action film Transformers. The film’s director, Michael Bay, had Gibson in mind for the role before he was cast, and thus Gibson did not have to audition for the part. Gibson may also star in a film version of the superhero Luke Cage; as of 2006, the script was being re-formatted. Gibson also appeared in action thriller Death Race.
In 2009, he reprised his role as Air Force Chief Master Sergeant Robert Epps in the movieTransformers: Revenge of the Fallen, as well as, “Transformers: Dark of The Moon”. Gibson appeared in Fast Five (2011), reprising his role as Roman Pierce in this film series. Gibson also portrayed Kyle Williams in the Sony Screen Gems production Legion.
Gibson has been attached to an R&B supergroup called TGT with Ginuwine and Tank. He is quoted as saying “With all the support our fans have given us individually over the years for our distinct signature styles, collectively we felt our fans deserved to hear great music in a way that they could never have imagined. I’ve known these guys for years and they truly are like brothers, so it only felt right to come together as a trio to make history”. The group was first featured on Tank’s remix to the song “Please Don’t Go”.
He has also created a three-issue mini-series called Mayhem!, to be published by Image Comics, one of which is available as an iTunes LP. He has also released a duet with Jewel entitled “Make It Last”. This was intended to be on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen soundtrack but was instead used for the promotion of his Mayhem! comic.
- Studio albums
|2001||Baby Boy||Joseph “Jody” Summers|
|2003||2 Fast 2 Furious||Roman Pearce|
|2004||Flight of the Phoenix||A.J.|
|2005||Four Brothers||Angel Mercer|
|2007||Transformers||USAF Tech Sergeant Robert Epps|
|2007||The Take||Adell Baldwin|
|2008||Death Race||Machine Gun Joe|
|2009||Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen||USAF Chief Master Sergeant Robert Epps|
|2011||Fast Five||Roman Pearce|
|2011||Transformers: Dark of the Moon||USAF Chief Master Sergeant Robert Epps|
|1996||Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper||Darrell||Television series|
|1998||The Parent ‘Hood||Coop||Television series|
|1999||MTV Beach House||Television series|
|2000||Love Song||Mad Rage/Skip||Television film|
|2010||That one byth wedding||Television series|
- Black Movie Awards
- Black Reel Awards
- Grammy Awards
- 2004, Best R&B Male Vocal Performance: “How U Gonna Act Like That” (Nominated)
- 2000, Best R&B Male Vocal Performance: “Sweet Lady” (Nominated)
- Image Awards
- Literary Awards
- 2011, Best Writer, African-American Literary Award, Category: Self-Help, “How To Get Out of Your Own Way” (Nominated)
- ^ Fuoco, Christina (2006-06-23). “Tyrese Biography”. Musician Biographies. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- ^ “Scripps Howard News Service”. Arron,james on getting my grown man on.. Retrieved June 21, 2006.
- ^ Kennedy, Erica (July 2001). “Do Right Man”. Vibe (Vibe Media Group) 9 (7): 86. ISSN1070-4701.
- ^ “BallerStatus”. Tyrese: Waist Deep. Retrieved June 19, 2006.
- ^ a b “MovieWeb”. INTERVIEW: Tyrese Gibson Gets In Waist Deep. Retrieved June 21, 2006.
- ^ Video Interviews with ‘Legion’ Stars Tyrese Gibson and Kate Walsh
- ^ Tyrese, Ginuwine, Tank Form R&B Group TGT | Hip-Hop Crunch
- ^ Wigler, Josh (July 2, 2009). “Prepare for “Mayhem!”". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2009-07-19.
- ^ http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2009/09/11/is-this-apples-e-book-trojan-horse/
- ^ http://tformers.com/transformers-gibson-jewel-to-perform-song-on-revenge-of-the-fallen-soundtrack/11495/news.html
- ^ a b c d e f g “Tyrese Gibson – Awards”. IMDb. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
 External links
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Tyrese|
|[hide]v · d · eTyrese|
- WCN Transmedia Group Music Showcase: A You & Me Thing – The Breakup (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- Taraji Spills On All Dating Rumors: Tyrese, Drake, Common & More [VIDEO] (hellobeautiful.com)
- Music Monday: STAY – Tyrese feat. Taraji P. Henson (charlidholbrook.com)
- 2010 People’s Choice Awards: Taraji P. Henson (bellasugar.com)
- Which Taraji P. Henson Look Looks Best? (bellasugar.com)